Be Your Own Hero
We can all play an important role in our own mental health. Practicing self-care, mindfulness, and taking the time to learn about mental health issues that you might be facing can help. StrengthenU is part of Covenant Family Solutions, a leading provider in innovative mental healthcare.
We are excited to offer the self-help resources below to help you as you pursue wellness for yourself or a loved one. The resources are not meant to be a replacement for therapy, rather tools to help you get the most out of your sessions with a therapist.
Our online self-help courses have been developed by experienced mental health professionals. They are intended to help you understand various mental health disorders. The courses are self-guided, allowing you to learn and heal at your own pace.
How are you doing?
The past year has been tough. Maybe you feel like you can never relax and are constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Some anxiety is perfectly normal — and to be expected. However, there is a difference between a healthy amount of anxiety and an anxiety disorder that impacts daily life. Take this FREE quiz to see how you are doing.
Mental health tips
- What is Oppositional Defiant Disorder? January 6, 2022ODD is one of the most common behavioral disorder among kids Continue reading What is Oppositional Defiant Disorder? at Covenant Family Solutions.Megan Conrad LMHC, NCC
- Building a Connection with Your Teen November 15, 2021Regulate your emotions and then engage in co-regulation with your teen from a place of curiosity and compassion. Continue reading Building a Connection with Your Teen at Covenant Family Solutions.Megan Smalley, MA, tLMFT
- Couples Conflict: Fighting Fair for a Positive Outcome November 9, 2021When fighting fair, it is important to deal with hurt, pain and frustration in that moment. Try not to bring up anything from the past. Continue reading Couples Conflict: Fighting Fair for a Positive Outcome at Covenant Family Solutions.Ben Fienup, tLMHC
- What is Art Therapy? October 25, 2021Many people come to art therapy because they feel stuck in their healing process and journey. Maybe talk therapy didn't work well for them. They feel like they have talked and reasoned, explained, and told their experiences and yet - they are not finding relief. Continue reading What is Art Therapy? at Covenant Family Solutions.Jennifer James, ATR-P, tLMHC
- Children’s Mental Health: Impacts of Change October 18, 2021Parents, guardians, teachers and counselors all play a role in identifying when a child may need extra support. Continue reading Children’s Mental Health: Impacts of Change at Covenant Family Solutions.Katie Amos, MA, LMFT, RPT
- What You Need to Know About OCD October 11, 2021The most common image people have of this disorder is a fear of germs, but that is only one type. Continue reading What You Need to Know About OCD at Covenant Family Solutions.Kelly Robertson, MA, LMFT
- How Therapy Can Strengthen Families September 29, 2021Therapy offers families a supportive way to develop or maintain functional relationships. Continue reading How Therapy Can Strengthen Families at Covenant Family Solutions.Stephanie Eslick LMFT, RPT
- Yoga, Mindfulness, and Mental Health September 27, 2021The elements of yoga and mindfulness help us to reconnect our mind and body. Continue reading Yoga, Mindfulness, and Mental Health at Covenant Family Solutions.Erin Duncan, tLMFT, RYT
- 3 Reasons Your Organization Needs A Mental Wellness Strategy September 13, 2021Every organization is unique in its current state of mental health. Some companies have nothing in place, while others have tried a few different things. Continue reading 3 Reasons Your Organization Needs A Mental Wellness Strategy at Covenant Family Solutions.Zach Schmit
- How Does ADHD Impact Adults? September 3, 2021ADHD is commonly associated with children, but that doesn't mean you can't be diagnosed as an adult. Continue reading How Does ADHD Impact Adults? at Covenant Family Solutions.Kaitlin Lubahn, MA, LMFT